Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: Year in Review

It's a time of nostalgia for most bloggers, and I'm not one to be left out.

I mean, I am one to be left out. But that's because I was the baby of the family so I always think I'm more left out than I really am.

But that's neither here nor there.  On this, the last day of the year, I wanted to share my Top 13 2013 Memories. They're in chronological order, not order of importance. Unless you value the importance of chronology.

Valentine's Day

This year was the most adorable Valentine's Day I've had. I mean, John took out an ad in the paper to advertise our love. It was amazing. And made me feel all squishy. And I still have the ad pinned in my cubicle. PLUS! This was the first day we went to Monti's (more on that in another post).

Florida Keys Vacation

Oh my god. Just looking at the pictures from this trip makes me so sad we're not going again this year. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL down there. Nevermind the fact that I got seasick while fishing and snorkeling. It was still a great trip filled with beautiful memories.

Kristin's Wedding

This was also the year that my cousin/first best friend ever got married. It was such a beautiful ceremony filled with so much happiness and fun.  And family. So much family time!

Grand Rapids Trip

In May, we also went to Grand Rapids, AKA our one true love, for a whirlwind 24 hour trip. It was everything you could hope for in your favorite city - beers, video games, snugs.

6 Year Anniversary

This June, Johnboy and I celebrated 6 years together by taking the day off work and lounging around at the beach. We followed it up with a trip to a restaurant that gave John a plate of meat. So that was amazing.

Pam Beesly-Halpert Retweeted Me



Normal people don't necessarily have retweets on their top of the year lists. But I've never claimed to be normal.  And Jenna Fischer retweeted me and thanked me for the nostalgia and it made my month.

98 Degrees/Boyz II Men/NKOTB Concert

Oh my godddddd. This concert was the shit. 98 degrees should have sang longer and more directly to me, but otherwise it was phenomenal. Kelly and I were fangirling all over the place when they took off their suits and wore wife beaters (that term is ew) to serenade 4 lucky ladies.

New Job AND Apartment

This summer involved a promotion at work and a move to a new apartment. As hectic as the move itself was, I am still absolutely smitten with our apartment. It's in a way better location (6 blocks from our last one) and we have so much more to do.

Maroon 5/Kelly Clarkson Concert in Indy

Sadly, this year involved one of my favorite people moving to Indianapolis. Luckily for me, that's not too terribly far and I was able to visit quite a few times.  One of which was for my birthday when Laura took me to see Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson in concert. It was AMAZING. I was so shocked that I loved it so much but I really did.

Wolf Sanctuary

Speaking of Indy...in September, I dragged John out there to visit and we got to go to a Wolf Sanctuary and play with wolves. I mean, that's an awesome experience that most people don't experience everyday and I won't soon forget it.

Diana Genevieve Zechar (11/24/2013)

Uh. Guys. I have a new niece as of November and she is ADORABLE. I mean, I haven't gotten to meet her in person yet but she's so stinking cute that I can hardly stand it. I'm excited to see her and pinch her cheeks at some point in 2014. :)

NYC Trip

Obviously this is on the list. NYC was as beautiful as ever. And I got to visit areas of the city that I had never seen before with one of my oldest friends. So there's that. ;)

Hazel Time

I wasn't sure where to put this one because I hung out with Hazel (my other niece) a lot this year and it was AWESOME. She's grown up a ton and I've been able to see it happen through Skype and visits. She's easily working her way into BFF territory here.

Anyway! That's a little snippet of my year from 2013. I know 2014 will prove to be just as amazing. I'm already proclaiming it to be the year of people visiting Chicago. So get on that. ;)

What are your favorite memories from 2k13?

xoxo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...