This past weekend was C2E2 here in Chicago, which is a comic book convention in case you aren't in the know. John actually won a 3 day pass but I wasn't really sold on all the guests and opted to buy just a pass for Sunday.
Here's the gist of how an event like this works (at least for me):
- Obsess over who may or not be there for months ahead of time
- Decide to go so you obsess over when the panels are and get upset that all of the good ones aren't on the same day
- Decide what to wear and then change your mind at the last minute
|I was going to wear my TARDIS dress from Halloween, but it was in disrepair|
- Leave the house too late to make it to the panel you wanted to see
- Feel alright about missing that panel because now you get to see Stan Lee (who is HILARIOUS)
|Seriously, so funny. And full of spoilers!|
- Spend several hours on the show floor looking at toys and comics and meeting artists that you love
- Get really hungry and tired and decide you're done
- Arrive home and look at all the marvelous stuff you bought!
|Megan Lara, JL8, Joe Foo, Jenny Parks, and Tony Moore|
Not a bad little Sunday!
How was your weekend, Sweeties?