Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hello, Sweetie!

Have you ever said a word so many times that it starts to sound like a foreign language in your head?  Like this word has been so overused that it's lost all meaning?

Well, try saying a word over and over again that's not even a real word and see how you feel after a while.

Cupcakerator.

I loved this blog.  I loved that it was a ridiculous word that I made up because it sounded like a robot who loves cupcakes.

I did not love that most people couldn't pronounce the made up word and that I felt silly explaining myself to new readers.

It's like when you're 19 and you get a tattoo because you've thought long and hard about how deep it's meaning is to you and then people ask you what it's meaning is and you just say "Durrr I love music".  You just feel silly.  (yes, I feel stupid explaining that tattoo)

Wouldn't it be nice to start over with something that involves real live words and can have multiple meanings depending on the day you're having?  I think so!

And thus, "Hello, Sweetie!" was born.

A nice greeting.  A nerdy gesture. A love of sweets.

Whatever! It's just fun! Like me!

So please, stick around while I find my footing.  Let me know what you would like to see more of.

And please, let me know if you're reading this.

xoxo
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...