Monday, April 14, 2014

Music Monday and a Weekend Recap

I feel bad not including music on a Monday, so go ahead and press play on this little ditty while you read about my weekend in Michigan.




So, okay! Johnny and I traveled to Michigan on Thursday night after work to attend my niece Hazel's second birthday. It could not have been a more perfect weekend.

I got to spend Friday getting my car fixed and going to garage/estate sales with my dad. And ended the evening with a family dinner at Mexico Lindo. Family dinners are ALWAYS a blast. And I was just so glad to get to see my Mom and brother (Who's birthday was ALSO this past week).

Saturday was spent shopping at thrift stores for my new shop (which was a little bit of a bust but that's okay) and then visiting John's family a little bit.

But Sunday... Sunday was the big birthday party! We got to see the whole family (minus some southerners who were obviously absent). And celebrate a little cutie who has made everyone's lives brighter in the past 2 years.



John got to snuggle Maeby. And look handsome.


This is the Cozy Coupe that we bought for the little lady. It was a preview to having kids because it was a pain in the ass to put together and required beer and extra hands (Thanks, dad!). But she liked it so that's really all that matters.


This moment was sort of amazing. That little baby is Snow, one of Hazel's friends and I looked up and she was just holding onto John, who she had just met. It was adorable.


I mean look at this kid and her bubble mower. It's just the cutest thing! I'm so glad we have the chance to go home as often as we do (though I wish it was more often).

After the party, we hopped in the car and made the long trip home in the rain. But luckily, we stopped at a last minute liquor store in St. Joseph's to buy some Michigan beers. It's like a souvenir for your taste buds! We made it home in time to watch Game of Thrones and eat some pizza. So it was a win all around.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...