Sunday, July 17, 2011

Over The Weekend: A Michigan Adventure





Not to beat a dead horse or anything but it is INSANELY hot.  It's like 90 degrees outside and it's 9:30 at night.  The very idea that this is going to last all week has me wanting to do absolutely nothing.  NOTHING.  But I have plans, so we'll see how that goes.

But I digress.  It's the beginning of a new week which means that it's time to reminisce about this past weekend.  Despite the large amounts of driving I did, it was a really great weekend home in White Lake, MI.



Seriously, is there anything as serene as a huge back yard with a calming pond?  Surely, there is.  But right now I can't think of anything.  PLUS. My dad's house has air conditioning.  Which is a luxury I am not accustomed to.

The reason for my drive was 2 fold. 1 of the folds is short and hairy and the other is a cousin that I rarely get to see what with her location being predominately on the West coast.



Speaking of the first fold though, Ash had so much fun at his 2 week summer camp.  He might be slightly bitter about being back here in Chicago where I have no air conditioning and he's stuck in a kennel.  But he loves me.  I'm convinced of it.  But he's 100% looking forward to his next trip to Gramma and Grampa's house.  OH! And we found an awesome new talent of his.  He's a basketball star.  It's seriously the most adorable and awesome thing ever.  EVER.  But I didn't take a video.  Oops!



On Saturday, I also made a quick drive over to Walled Lake to visit my cousin Kristin while she was in the area from San Diego.  It was really good to see some of the extended family and get tons of hugs.  Not to mention the fact that we went bowling, which I haven't gotten the chance to do in a long time.  We were the absolute only customers in the place when we got there, which made me sad for the bowling alley, but happy for my nerves.  Of course, I didn't exactly do amazing at the actual bowling part but it was still really fun to hang out with the cousins.  Not to mention, I got to see Aki's "Church Lady" impression.  Which made my day.

All in all, it was a pretty perfect weekend to be home.  And I came back with some awesome memories and you know, my dog.  So it was definitely worth the over 10 hours of driving time that I put it.  Plus I sort of got an awesome present. And....got to hang out with someone awesome named Harold who might be getting his own post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...