Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Backpack Debate


If you've ever had to talk me through a brainstorming session, you know that I'm crazy. I'm the type of person who gets an idea in their head and immediately wants to see it recognized. So I go full force and annoy the crap out of my friends on gchat with links and arguments for everything my mind can think of.

Just look at the fact that I still haven't picked a new duvet cover. I go through the brainstorming process on it every 2 months and never pull the trigger.

But, more often than not, I get impulsive and buy things when I get all amped up on brainstorm juices. Which is what happened after my recent work trip to Canada when I decided I needed a backpack immediately.

See, I already went through this whole endeavor in July when I decided between a messenger bag for my laptop or a backpack. (I foolishly chose messenger bag and my back is NOT happy about it).

Anyway, let's walk through this process.

I really liked bags that had a top flap like a knapsack (see below). And I knew that I wanted a quality bag that was cute but could be considered professional. So I narrowed it down to these 4 options.


1. Herschel Supply Co. - Retreat
This bag is big enough to hold a 15" laptop (which I have) and available in neutral colors. Plus, the company is known for quality. The only negative is that it doesn't have a separate front pocket.

2. Jansport SuperBreak
This is a classic backpack. EVERYONE has a black Jansport. Except me. I have this weird tan/greenish one from high school that still has dog hair inside (which makes me sad. and dirty). So this was an option because it's cheaper than all the other options by like $25. But it's still boring and just a backpack. And everyone has it...so that's boring.

3. Fjallraven Kanken
This bag is cute as shit. It's available in like 20 colors and is a fun shape. It has a front pocket and I like that the top straps exist. It gives you another option for carrying.  But the negative is that the straps are just cords basically. There's no comfort so I'm sure I'd be complaining in a few months.

4. Herschel Supply Co. - Little America
Look at this - another Herschel backpack. This one was on Fab.com, where I have a gift card which made the higher price more manageable. But then I found out that it only holds a 13" laptop. Meaning that it's more expensive for less space. So, despite it's cute looks, it wouldn't work for me.

Obviously I chose number 1. You can tell because of the lack of negatives. It's actually arriving today which is super exciting (mail!). I'll be sure to let you know how it works out for me after a few uses. :)

xoxo
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Rick and I have been on the lookout for a new duvet for almost as long as you. We finally decided pool our Xmas money this year to get one, but we still haven't started shopping. And good call on the backpack. I also broke down and bought a Herschel last year before our Japan trip and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...