Friday, January 3, 2014

Local Flavor: Monti's Restaurant


Monti's Restaurant
4757 N Talman Ave, Chicago, IL 60625

I freaking LOVE Montis. We found out about this gem last year when we bought a groupon for it for Valentine's day. Because we're romantic. And we've been hooked ever since.

Not only does this place boast the most amazing Philly Cheesesteaks outside...you know...Philly, but it also has a kickass bar that boasts 50 craft beers, a rotating tap, and drink specials.


We pretty much bring everyone to this place - or at a minimum we recommend that they check it out. And I have yet to meet a person who doesn't absolutely love it.  My mom, who's a picky eater, ended up wanting to take a huge batch to go - it was that good!



Last weekend, John and I headed out to write up this review (and pig out) and decided to up the ante by getting an appetizer before our meat monsters. Not our best idea. Did we like the pretzel bites? Yes. Did we get way too full? Absolutely. So, if you're going to check this place out with less than 4 people, remember that you will need a lot of room for amazing sandwichwes and fries later.

Speaking of which. It's about time I got down to the nitty gritty and discuss these sandwiches. The cheesesteaks at Monti's are legit.  I mean, the owners are from Philly and know what they're doing on that grill. It's like they've tapped into what heaven must taste like and placed it on a toasty bun. And then added cheese - aka the devil's play thing.


I tend to play it safe and delicious with my food choices - so I stick with the classic Philly and fries (in a mini size - because moderation). There's also a 3 mini sampler that would be a good idea for a group of friends to split. Or for a daring person to tackle.


Speaking of which, John's more daring than I am. He got this monster (a regular sized sandwich) called the Southside Johnny. I like to pretend he got it because my niece call's him Johnny. But it was probably more for the mushrooms than anything else.  But he was pretty full after this. And ended up in a meat coma.

The point is - you should go to Monti's. You should soak in the juices and bathe in the beer. You should buy gift cards and send them to me.

I'm so glad I bought another Groupon for this place yesterday. *drool*

xoxo
Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...