Wednesday, June 22, 2011

DIY: Friendship bracelet




As I mentioned in my Friday Faves post, old school fiendship bracelets have been on my mind as of late.

Since they scream summer to me (and camp, and friends, and swimming in pools/lakes), I immediately ordered some embroidery thread on Amazon.  105 skeins to be exact.  I was so anxious to make stuff that I made Johnpants drive out to Franklin Park on Saturday to pick up my package of thread at UPS.

After the long day we had, I was pretty pumped to get started on my very own chevron bracelet (I'm still not sure if I'm okay with calling it a friendship bracelet.  Since...you know...I made it for myself).  So I set to work straight away, knowing well and good that I'd have to stop as soon as my friends came over.

See that flaw? It adds character.

You know, so they wouldn't know how pathetic I was to be making myself a "friendship bracelet".  Of course, I taped my work to the coffee table and wouldn't stop blathering on about it, so being coy about it lost all meaning on me.  But what can I say? I'm a big mouth.

Well, anyway, after John left on Sunday, I got back to work on this super simpleproject and knocked out the finished product.  I'm honestly loving it.  So if anyone wants a friendship bracelet, let me know.  I'm down for making them. And giving them....and receiving them?  I mean, sure, if you're offering. ;)

It's really hard to get a good picture of your own wrist.

But seriously, check out the step by step how to over on Honestly, WTF.  It's super easy to follow along with and ends with an insanely cute end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...