Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grand Rapids, I Love You

Dear Grand Rapids,

You've been a really dear friend to me these past 17 months.  In fact you really made time fly since I didn't even realize that it had been 17 months in this relationship.  But the truth is that we've really grown apart and it might be time for us to say our goodbyes.

You gave me so many good memories and I've met some wonderful people through you.  I mean, come on, you gave me the Ritz Koney.  Not many cities could give me something so wonderful.

I'll miss late night walks down your streets with my friends.  And Thursday TV nights full of laughs.  Not to mention your delicious sushi on Monroe Center.  I'll always remember the ball drop on NYE downtown.  Thank you for our kitty.  She's really been a blessing.  Who else would get my boyfriend trashed on his 22nd birthday but you?  Oh, good times. Good times.

But let's face it.  You just don't have the job market to keep me here anymore.  And as much as it kills me to have to leave you, I have to do what's best for me.  It's not your fault that Chicago just has a job to give me and an apartment comparable in size to this one.  And I'll always appreciate you as my first real relationship with a city.  Thank you for everythings.

Love,

Amanda

PS - for those of you reading this who don't know already: I GOT THE JOB IN CHICAGO AND I'M MOVING TOMORROW!!!!

From one of my first walks inside you.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, good luck, and good bye from a fellow Grand Rapidian. I'll look you up when I visit Chicago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...