Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's a whale of a tale

Heads up, I won my round for ShirtPrize!  Now we just need to show up en masse the first week of October and vote the poo out of my design.

Moving on.  This past weekend was my dear friend Jessica's birthday! And boy do I love when my friends come to visit.  We had a lovely fancy dinner on our own followed by fireworks and many drinks downtown.

Fancy dinner? Oui!
Fancy dinner? Oui!

I finally got the chance to wear my  own birthday present from a month ago.  It's an adorable dress from Modcloth.  Man, I love their stuff. I just have no monies with which to purchase it.  Therefore, I really treasure this gift. :)

Birthday girl!
Birthday girl!

The birthday girl looked equally impressive.  And I must say it was strange to get shouts from people telling us we were 'workin it'.  But I like it.  I haven't seen many people in GR riding in dresses.  I still get excited when I see classy bikes around town.

Cupcakes with Whale
Cupcakes with Whale

Btw, I also made some delectable treats (modesty is not my strong suit).  These little guys are cookies and cream cupcakes.  They were surprisingly light.  And quite tasty. And they had a whale candle. I mean, come on.

PS - I'm quite excited for the Grand Rapids Tweed Ride. And you should be too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks for talking about our dress on your blog! I'm so happy you like it! Hopefully you'll be getting more ModCloth presents soon! Have a nice weekend.
    <3 Aire
    ModCloth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I get more ModCloth presents soon too! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...